About Memphis Electrical JATC
The Memphis Electrical JATC Apprenticeship Program is a five year program with periodic advances based on completion of class work and a minimum number of OJT hours. We provide cutting-edge training to create the finest electricians throughout the entire electrical industry. Our instructors are qualified through certification to introduce the newest technological programs to our apprentices.
Types of Work
Our trained Journeyman Inside Wireman perform installation and maintenance for commercial office buildings and all complexes, including petrochemical, pulp and paper plants, oil refineries, powerhouse, retail stores, hospitals, and manufacturing plants.
Types of work include:
- Electrical Power and Lighting Systems
- Power Distribution and Metering Systems
- Motor Control and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Building Automation Systems
- Energy Management Systems
- Packing Systems, Manufacturing Systems, Refining Systems
- Backup Power Generation Systems
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems
5-year Systematic Program of Learning
- Apprentices can obtain all essential knowledge and skills necessary for becoming a Journeyman Inside Wireman.
8000 Hours of On-the-Job Training
- Apprentices train to proficiency in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of various electrical systems on commercial and industrial job sites.
900 Hours of Related Study (minimum)
- Apprentices will study theories relating to all job tasks important to the trade. Classroom time helps to reinforce skills learned while doing on-the-job training.
Apprentice and journeyman training is our most important priority. Since electrical work can be challenging, complex and physically demanding, employers are looking for workers who are competent in many technical areas. They rely on excellence in training to get the job done. Memphis Electrical JATC offers standardize training in partnership with members of NECA, IBEW and NJATC.